NOFAS K-12 Curriculum
DVD: 8 Magic Keys
All About the IEP
NOFAS recommends the following resources for educators and parents of children with FASD:
Essential Tips for Teachers:
- Simple Proposals for School Success
MOFAS blog: Recommendations for the classroom setting
- Teaching Students with FASD
Extensive guide for educators, includes brain-based teaching techniques, social and behavior skills, communication strategies, and environmental modifications:
Helpful Assignments Examples, Development Information, and Daily Strategies:
Tips on giving instructions, transitioning between activities, retaining information, and environment orientation:
Other educational resources for people with disabilities:
- Assistive Technology State Programs: This site connects users to programs that can help them find funding for Assistive Technology, which is any sort of device or service that allows a person with a disability to perform more difficult or unmanageable tasks.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America: This organization provides parental support services, educates policymakers on legislation regarding learning disabilities, works with school programs that address learning disabilities, and publishes materials for adults with learning disabilities about workplace issues, adult literacy, parenting, and assistive technology.
- National Center on Accessible Instructional Materials: This site serves as a resource to educate parents and teachers on accessible educational materials (AEM) for children who are unable to use regular printed text.